1 small and insignificant; "we stayed in a dinky old hotel"
2 (British informal) pretty and neat; "what a dinky little hat" n : a small locomotive [syn: dinkey] [also: dinkiest, dinkier]
- Rhymes: -ɪŋki
- Double income, no kids yet. Said of a relationship.
Dinky is an informal word meaning small.
Dinky may also refer to:
- Dinky Duck, a toon by Terrytoons.
- Dinky Toys, a company that produced die-cast model vehicles and toys
line or Dinky train
(U.S.), a small railroad, or the train that runs along it
- The "Dinky", a nickname for the small train that runs along the Princeton Branch, New Jersey, USA
- Dinky Bingham, a musician and music producer
- Rinky Dinky, describing a random style of piano playing said to cause aural offence
- Rinky Dink, describing something (often a town or other place) quaint, usually in a negative light
- DINKY (acronym), Double Income No Kids Yet, it refers to people that are in relationship/married but have no kids and keep their mind focused on work, careers
- Jackson Dinky, a line of mid-range electric guitars manufactured by Jackson Guitars
anal, back-burner, cramped, dispensable, exiguous, half-pint, immaterial, inappreciable, inconsequential, inconsiderable, inessential, inferior, insignificant, irrelevant, knee-high, lesser, limited, little, minor, minute, neat, negligible, nonessential, not vital, one-horse, petit, petite, piddling, pindling, pint-sized, poky, puny, secondary, shipshape, short, sleek, slick, slight, small, small-fry, small-time, smallish, smart, snug, spruce, technical, tidy, tight, trig, trim, two-by-four, unessential, unimpressive, unnoteworthy, well-cared-for, well-groomed